We are looking for talented engineers to join our team …
Dorna Robotics, is a fast growing R&D and manufacturing startup in Southern California, that designs and manufactures robotic arms, end effectors, motion controllers and automation software for industrial applications. Their flagship product, Dorna arm, has been used by many large corporations such as 3M, P&G, Logitech, Analog Devices and T-mobile.
Dorna Robotics is looking for highly motivated robotics/mechatronics engineers. The ideal candidate is willing to take ownership of various automation projects and guide the process from conceptualization to prototyping, testing, and manufacturing. The candidate should have a solid background in mechanical design and CAD modeling, and they should be familiar with different prototyping tools such as CNC machine, 3D printer, lathe and be able to operate them.
We are looking for strong teamwork players who can effectively communicate with other team members in every stage of the development. As a small startup, each engineer is expected to take different roles, from engineering design to customer support, to working with our part suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Study detail requirements of automation projects and present solutions
- CAD modeling of parts and assemblies needed for an automation project
- Discuss different details of the project with customers and other team members
- Create initial prototype using CNC machine, 3D printers and other prototyping tools
- Create 2D engineering drawings for customers and vendors
- Planning the motion and programming the robot or other automation device using Dorna Python API or other automation software
- Communicating detailed engineering designs and requirements with vendors, part suppliers and manufacturers during quotation, procurement, or manufacturing processes
- Documenting ideas, designs, tutorials, instructions for various automation projects
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics (MS or PhD is highly prefered)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Expertise in Fusion 360, SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Experienced in at least one programming language, preferably Python or C++
- Familiarity with CAM software and Gcode generation
- Basic machining experience, able to run CNC machine and 3D printers
- Familiarity with different manufacturing processes and materials
- Ability to multitask; unafraid of milestones and deadlines; attention to quality detail and budget constraints
- Fluent in written and spoken English
By joining Dorna robotics, you will be part of a fast growing engineering startup with a goal of disrupting a major industrial sector. Here you will have the opportunity to work on some exciting technologies in robotics, computer vision and AI and will develop products that will serve real world issues. Some of the benefits that we will offer to you are:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.